The Happy Thread

Duncy H

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Topsy said:

Sadly cut short by my brakes freezing. Didn't mix enough antifreeze in with them.

The usual antifreeze:water ratio I ran was 100:0 ;) It's such a small amount of fluid in the brake itself that you may as well, really.

That looks like a fun time though, those first snow rides when it's still crisp and actually has some grip are super fun. We're on day 4 here so I suspect that my ride later is going to be more 'sketchy/lethal' than 'sketchy/fun', but we'll see...

• Like 1

On 12/16/2022 at 6:42 PM, Tom Booth said:

Fitted a Chinese diesel heater in the workshop last week to keep my assembly room warm, in one week its cost £16 combined electricity and diesel and kept the room at 19*c, its heaven :lol:

I managed to blag two of those off of Amazon Vine but haven't done anything with them yet. Good to know they do the job though!!

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

Was that one of the Advent Calendar days? Congrats whatever!

No, it was one of the win it Wednesdays in November I think. I enter them as a matter of course but never expect to win and never tick the marketing spam box so it just proves that the are winners :)

Persephone is going to have my old Chinese Amazon headlight (which actually has been brilliant) and I'll use the magicshines. I think I'll put them on the cross bike to start with for work commuting and as the weather gets a bit warmer switch them over the the intense for night rides over Cannock.

Edited by forteh
  • Like 1

On 8/30/2022 at 2:13 PM, isitafox said:

Works cyclescheme wins again, after bagging a pair of Pro 4 hubs for around £150 (can't remember exactly) I've just bit the bullet and ordered some forks for my Big Dog. 

I finally bit the bullet and have used our Cyclescheme... to buy a gravel bike of all things!! I'm part of a sponsored cycle thing supporting Alex Lewis and the handcycle round Salisbury Plain in March. We had a bit of a dry-run the other day, the man behind it riding an 8kg £12k Specialized gravel bike and me on my 2015 Whyte T130 weighing about 15kg and running 2.6 knobblies... He won! I've put an order on a £2k Ribble Gravel Al which they've got on sale at £1500 at the mo and I will hopefully get for about £950 with the Cyclescheme savings. Weirdly looking forward to getting it which is really quite worrying!

• Haha 1

Free bike lights arrived and bugger me they're bright :o

My old chinese headlight that I thought had a really bright centre spot?  Can't see it when held side by side and shining on the same wall, not only that, the spread of the magicshine is about 12 foot wide at 8 foot distance compared to the 2 foot spotlight of the old one.

Added bonus, the batteries can be used as USB powerbanks, 10Ah and 2.6Ah respectively :)

Edited by forteh
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Likewise, it was good, we only did 4 team laps and got called in as there wasn't enough for a 5th; got 40 and 43 minutes respectively for my two and 5th overall from 11 starters in the mens dual :)

Nice and consistent on your times as well you madman :D

Did you see the times of the first place 6 hour solo?

image.png.ed61990a9ce05545d601666bb293047e.png

WTAF:o :o :o

Edited by forteh

• 3 weeks later...

We've managed to keep this one alive for eight years now!

Got some dual air rebas for her Whyte 303 for her birthday, shortened them to 75mm travel and dropped the oil weights a little to account for her midget weight. Custom fork wraps from indiprint to mask the worst of the paint scars and it's an awesome sorted pair of lightweight forks for her🙂

FB_IMG_1680982936836.jpg

Edited by forteh
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

In other childrens bike related news, picked her up a new cross bike for the new season in september.  200 quid below market value and an absolute minter :)

Needs half an inch extra in the legs but it's full 700c wheels and she's about to have a growth spurt; will do her till she's 12-13 or given up cross racing :D

341780530_2491410461024728_3956720861115

• 4 weeks later...