The Car Thread

MadManMike

Pretty much all cars have a stigma attached to them, daily is a poor mans Porsche and my A3 is a car for people who are superficial 'tards who can't indicate, however those who know about them realise they are actually decent. At least your car is interesting, you will eventually find you get far more positive attention from it, I know I get loads of thumbs up, waves and gawps at the 924 which always makes me smile

The thing is:

a ) It's not funny.

b ) It gets old, very quickly.

I'm going to bring my clippers to work tomorrow and the first person to make the joke is getting a go-faster stripe done.

I know I sound like a fanny. But I'm going to say it anyway.

Are you surprised?

MX5's are ONLY cool when they are modified for track work.

The idea of driving a nimble little sports car sounds great, but the reality of driving round in a pink convertible soft top which has a maximum of 130bh/ton and is deemed as a female equivalent of "my first sports car" by anybody who doesn't use one as a track car are very different.

Now before high horses are mounted, may I remind you that out of choice I drove some of the ugliest and most hated cars known to man. And I'm certainly not passing judgement myself, because I know that they can be great cars.

As a word of advice if you want to drive an MX5 on the road daily you HAVE to not preach about it to anybody. Just let it sink into part of your existence, tell nobody how great it is, tell nobody how reliable it is, speak of it to nobody unless you are thick skinned or wearing a flame retardant suit.

I've never known a car get so many opinions about it as an MX5, most people have never driven one but still assume they are gay. Which is hugely narrow minded and idiotic, but hopefully you know what I mean. To the general public an MX5 looks very different to what you and I see...

No offense meant.

Edited by Pashley26

I'd never take offense from a Jardo post. You rip apart anything that you don't own ;)

In fairness, your post was more positive than I expected haha.

Yeah I've had a few positive comments and people checking it out when I drive past, it's just people at work that think they're funny.

• Like 1

I'm not getting touchy about the car, it's just the same shit repeated every 10 minutes is getting boring.

"HAIRDRESSER, MURHURHURHUR"

It never has been funny. Laughing at your own joke is pathetic. It's literally the least original comment you could come up with. I'm fine with a bit of banter, they just need to change the record.

Same with trials, no seat hurrrrr

Same with cleaning, going to polish through hurrrr

It's one of those things you just gotta laugh about really or just humour them on the inside. Or do what I do and build up your loving frustration and hide under your stairs whilst touching yer dick frantically to a picture of the Queen. But not this current one. One before she was hotter

Yeah but I've had the missing seat thing probably 10 times in all the years I've been riding. I've had the hairdressing "joke" at least that much, just this morning.

I'll just resort to ignoring it and not even acknowledging their presence, they'll get the hint I think.

Cheers again for that. Think they came out really well!!

Into the makeshift spray booth...
Really really happy with how they've turned out today, they're baking in the conservatory now ready for lacquer tomorrow.

Im a total noob when it comes to stuff like this, but my new wheels are in a really bad way (worse than yours looked from the pics, and Im just curious how you managed to make them look this good?