The Car Thread

MadManMike

Looks like a really cool day and for a great cause too, Nick :)

I've just found myself in possession of a st2 R-Tech tuned ECU; printouts show 279bhp and 300lbft. Tempted to run it until I can get a forged block built up and get to Niki for a more permanent arrangement, though I'll have to play silly buggers with SKC codes etc so need to find someone with VagTacho/similar first.

I guess with the pictures done, it's time to wrap it up for this evening so I can go to bed. The more observant of you will have noticed in a few pics there has also been considerable garage progress too in the last week, but that will have to wait until another day!
A thoroughly enjoyable day was had, lapping most of the day with loads of different passengers. It was quite cool to share the car with new people, and an amazing feeling knowing that it was all for such a great cause and raising money whilst having fun.
At the end of the day, we swapped wheels back:
70C529FE-1377-4C39-BB34-0C620FCBD971_zps
I took the chance to check brake pad wear. It's looking very promising with considerably less wear than I'd expect after this mileage:
Outside:
DC66A3C4-EA1B-4776-9FC7-5792F9986646_zps
Inside:
6668E908-7876-4F4F-835B-2E6AFCBEB4E3_zps
Huge thanks must to go everyone involved on the day:
Sam - exceptional organiser of people, checker of tyre pressures, and adjuster of harnesses.
Shelley - arranging things, getting us all together, manning the Stand and incomming public.
Dave - For being a top laugh, and a bloody inspiration to all of us showing what can be done when you want it enough.
Phil - THE technology man, seemed to have everything on the day, from cameras, to laptops, to chargers and jump packs for just about everything, as well as a knowing eye helping check over all the cars between runs too.
Gurds and Ram + family - awesome fun lapping together as always, and thanks for feeding me :)
Thomas - driving over from the Island for the day, coming out of your way to take those wheels for me, even though I never used them!
Right. Enough rambling. I'm off to Wales for work tomorrow, and it's past my bed time :racer:
C3B98CCE-6D5C-4576-83D6-81A05A67CE31_zps
12009806_10156110011140515_3311451937733

Cheers Mark

Oh, I almost forgot, one of my favourite pics of the day.

4 1/2 years ago, on I believe April 9th 2011, this pic was taken at the first Spring Action day I did in the car as a track car:

C177640D-5F74-4A9F-B6F5-21BAE237AACB_zps

On Saturday, 1617 days later, Sam took this pic which really reminded me how far it's come from those early days:

missionmotorsport-40_zpsthm5ueys.jpg

Cheers Mark

Oh, I almost forgot, one of my favourite pics of the day.

4 1/2 years ago, on I believe April 9th 2011, this pic was taken at the first Spring Action day I did in the car as a track car:

C177640D-5F74-4A9F-B6F5-21BAE237AACB_zps

On Saturday, 1617 days later, Sam took this pic which really reminded me how far it's come from those early days:

missionmotorsport-40_zpsthm5ueys.jpg

• Like 1

This MX-5 is all kinds of fun. Went out for a drive on some new roads Adam told me about. It had just started raining when I left the house, and it ended up being a pretty fun slide-y cruise around the place. Need one in my life that I can drive a bit harder in without having to think about the fact it's not mine and I'm only insured 3rd party on it (technically).

• Like 1

As it happens, we're just shopping for a 'new' car (along the lines of an M135i) because Hayley wants something 5 door and ultimately I can't be f**ked with having a 'fixer upper' as our only car, meaning it never gets fixed.

Point is, I said it can only happen if there's enough left in the budget for an MX-5 for me...

• Like 1

My mates have just bought a MK1 MX5 between 3 of them to turn into a drift missile :D one of whom already owns one himself :P

My mums got a MK2, fancy one with 6 gears and an LSD, it's so much fun to drive!

In Australian car news (can't remember if I already posted) I sorted our Hilux out, turns out the fuel pump was trying to escape, which was messing all the timing up and just making it a general noisy bitch. Bolted back as it should be, absolutely spot on :D

Wife always leaves my car in gear, regardless of where it's parked. I never have, so for many months after sharing a car I used to lurch and stall every time I started it until I remembered to start with the clutch down.

I can't physically start my car without pressing the clutch otherwise I'd probably do the same...

Guys, my granny is a legend

She invited me over for lunch, and got me some beers and chocolate for the trip( tgen i carefully explained that drinking and driving is bad) and helped me clean the car with window cleaner, dash shine, tyre shine and external black trim peace cleaner. After she sprayed it on the paint ( that is extremely faded vauxhall fiery red) she realised that it makes the car shine so she sprayed it on half of the car. After i tried to explain her that oil + car is not the best( it is an oily substrate) for example when you move for practical reasons she kept continouing spraying

So now i have a nice red but oily car that i will wash as soon as i can...