The Angry Thread.

Blake

Ordered a BB7 from Chain Reaction Cycles on Sunday and was told today it's been damaged in transit and disposed of, and also now it's out of stock. They offer a refund but I asked when it will be back in stock, they say they don't know. I ask can I hold the order until it is, they say 'no', I say but it was £25 off when I gave the money for it so would they not honour that price and have since gotten nowhere. 

Very frustrating, and this is after last weekend having bought a rotor and new pads for my Saint only to find that the calliper's cracked, and this was the warranty Saint I had after they cracked the first time. 

Very frustrating. 

• 2 weeks later...

Going to rant about bikes again, I'm at my wits end with this now. It's been a year and I've had two Saint calipers snap on me and just had my third chain snap. I don't know if I'm just being an idiot but I want to blame the horizontal dropouts, only because whenever I had a tensioner I only had a chain snap once. Looking at another weekend with a broken bike and it's just painful having sat in at work all week looking forward to a proper ride only to have it snap pedalling around on curbs. I'm half tempted to blow a load of money and just get a new bike but the worst part is I'm not a fan of the Inspired colour schemes of late - I want my default white/black taste to be satiable gosh darnit. 

So i was riding in Wolverhampton with a buddy of mine, who's just getting back into trials. We're riding the famous cheese wedges spot, i hear a honk of Maguras behind me and behold, a group of trials riders!! that hasn't happened for years!! one of them was a guy i used to ride with a couple years ago, who despises/blocked me off all socials  because i told him (if i remember right) that i don't like how Ashtons ride very much despite loving how they look, which, imo, is a f**king stupid reason to get angry over, especially when you're nearing being 40 with kids. I see him, i wave him over, you know, bygones, come ride! i never had a problem with him. instead, he ignores me and tells the group to move on because "i'm a massive knob". so now i have a bunch of people i've never even met who have an opinion of me based entirely off this bloke. and he had his kid with him. and i then had to try and explain what this was about to the guy i was riding with. 

what a f**king downer.

:(

Edited by Herbertlemon102
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Herbertlemon102 said:

he ignores me and tells the group to move on because "i'm a massive knob".

Sounds like a dickbag.  He's no loss to you - if people are willing to get that shitty about so little, they're not worth your time.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Mark W said:

Sounds like a dickbag.  He's no loss to you - if people are willing to get that shitty about so little, they're not worth your time.

cheers dude. just really puts you on a downbeat :( i like to try and get along with everyone

On 3/7/2019 at 2:32 PM, Herbertlemon102 said:

who despises/blocked me off all socials  because i told him (if i remember right) that i don't like how Ashtons ride very much despite loving how they look, which, imo, is a f**king stupid reason to get angry over

Well, you blocked me on Instagram with no reason :lol:

3 minutes ago, Guillermo M. said:

Well, you blocked me on Instagram with no reason :lol:

Social media is a little different to being a dick in person though. If someone blocks me on Instagram I'd not really be that fussed, but I can see how being called a dick in real life could be hurtful (Personally I wouldn't be too bothered about that either, but I still get it)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Herbertlemon102 said:

cheers dude. just really puts you on a downbeat :( i like to try and get along with everyone

Probably just my salty old dude mindset kicking in, but I've learned that's not really how things really work.  I quite often see people saying "We all ride bikes so we should all get along", but that's akin to saying "We're all football supporters, we should all get along" or "We all drive cars, we should all get along" - it's clear that isn't the case for them, and it isn't really the case for us just because someone else happens to ride a bike similar to us.

I used to want to be happy families with everyone (honestly, haha) and tried to do that, but as time goes on you realise that it's better to nurture the relationships that actually bring some form of value to you and not to bother forcing things with those that don't just because they happen to have a shared interest.  It'd be cool if everyone who rode bikes was great to hang out with and it could all be one big happy family, but f**k me there are some c**ts out there who happen to ride bikes.  

Obviously I'm not saying to not bother trying at all with people, but it's just not worth getting too down about if you can't make a friendship happen with someone who's clearly a dickbag.  It'd be interesting to know which person it was you're talking about just to see where they fit in with my experiences in a way.  As before, if they're willing to hang all this on the basis of you not liking how Ashtons ride (for the record, the original Ashtons felt really nice but I don't think I really rode one of the Ashton/DB ones that felt particularly good - haters gonna hate), they're probably not that much of a loss to you.  Just remember that there are plenty of other people out there who are fun to ride with, and focus on them (Y) 

Oh - and regarding the other people he was with thinking ill of you, I know of a guy who used to be the Big Deal out of a group of riders.  He was a proper sourpuss and basically hated almost everyone/thing, but the people he was with were aware of that and although they listened to what he said didn't necessarily take it on board.  Chances are if that person has been that weird with you, it's not the first time they'll have seen him act like that or be like that so they won't take it too seriously.

• Like 1