The Angry Thread.

Blake

Girlfriend's dog still cramping my style. I bought a wee music box thing that plays the Funeral March by Chopin, y'know, inside jokes. Remembered to bring it along last night but she gets the 'you dog has three months' to live call from her mum. So she's upset and now I have a funeral march wind up box just for my own pleasure. 

• Like 1

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I've been trying to get Word to stop writing everything as a continuation of the last hyper link to absolutely no avail. Full stops, new lines, new paragraphs etc etc. It turns out it wasn't actually writing everything as a hyperlink, it just decided I'd like to continue with it's formatting of blue, underlined writing :rolleyes:

I wish I could physically slap Word.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ManxTrialSpaz said:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I've been trying to get Word to stop writing everything as a continuation of the last hyper link to absolutely no avail. Full stops, new lines, new paragraphs etc etc. It turns out it wasn't actually writing everything as a hyperlink, it just decided I'd like to continue with it's formatting of blue, underlined writing :rolleyes:

I wish I could physically slap Word.

Have had similar in the past... a quick copy & paste into a text file / notepad, then cut and re-paste into Word strips all the formatting off (Y)

I've hated that whole suite of programs, but I had to upgrade to Office 365 a little while ago because it made sense for a fairly dispersed workforce now – it's definitely much more stable. Can hardly call you unproductive anyway!

Day 2 of "No boiler".  It's been f**king up loads recently meaning no hot water/heating.  Apparently our landlady's friend she keeps getting round to sort it out thinks it's because there's a leaking radiator somewhere.  f**k off.

I personally have no sympathy for suicide, but I obviously have never been in that state of mind, a friend of mine, hung himself I just think its selfish and a horrible thing for people to have to find and deal with afterwards. RIP

19 hours ago, Adam@TartyBikes said:

Have had similar in the past... a quick copy & paste into a text file / notepad, then cut and re-paste into Word strips all the formatting off (Y)

18 hours ago, JD™ said:

I normally go with highlighting all then 'Edit -> Clear -> Formatting' and Cmd/Ctrl+K to remove links, but that's because I'm too lazy to open another program.

Well that'll do nicely for the future, cheers men (Y) I was looking for a keyboard shortcut, but couldn't find it - though I was looking specifically for a shortcut to remove hyperlinks :(

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dman said:

I personally have no sympathy for suicide, but I obviously have never been in that state of mind, a friend of mine, hung himself I just think its selfish and a horrible thing for people to have to find and deal with afterwards. RIP

When you feel that low do you really think you care how it might affect others around you? Think of it that way...

Conversely Dan, most people say that those are suicidal aren't doing it because they don't care about the feelings of those around them. It's because they truly believe that their nearest and dearest will be better off without them. 

That's why I struggle with it. My best mate killed himself 9 years ago, and I still haven't got my head round it. My natural reaction is "selfish wanker", but logically I know that he wasn't selfish at all, let alone that selfish so there must have been another reason.

I do have sympathy for suicide. Things must be bad to drive them that far, be it mental illness, terminal illnes or whatever.

It's things like drug overdoses and drink driver deaths I don't have sympathy for.

Edited by Mikee

Ditto.  The thing with suicide is that you're always going to look at it rationally, whereas at its core it's an irrational act.  As mentioned, people have cited feeling that their loved ones would be better off without them around which clearly isn't the case. 

It is a real shame though - must be super tough for his wife and kids to deal with.  It seemed like they had an idyllic life, but to know it was that troubled at the root of it must be difficult to process.

EDIT:  His interview in here is well worth a read, for anyone interested in him: http://issuu.com/thealbionbmx/docs/the_albion_issue_13