The Angry Thread.

Blake

Dropper posts are as said a revelation, it's the ability to seamlessly adjust seat height on the fly that makes them so useful.

It doesn't take 3 seconds though - stop the bike, get off, get the seat to the right height (and straight) get back on and continue pedalling down the the drop off in front of you, once you've done said drop off you have to repeat the process to go up the next hill.  With a dropper it becomes a subconscious thing, spot the drop off, seat is instantly down and up again afterwards without even a break in pedalling.

Yes they're heavy (relatively) and expensive but one of those things that once you've used you don't want to be without :)

Generally yes, 99% of them are a pressurised air cartridge (same as air suspension forks) with either a mechanical collet/clutch or a hydraulic lockout system to set the height.  Most are cable operated with a remote to the handlebars, the rockshox reverb is a hydraulic line remote which can complicate things but is less maintenance intensive (no cable lubing).  Press the button and your weight pushes the seat down, press it again and the air spring will push it back up when you unweight the saddle.

Microsoft are cnuts!

havnt been able to access my email for days, due to there being 'suspicious activities' on my account.

my old phone number is un-usable, and otherwise they insist on checking your account activity with sent emails.

I dont send emails,and the only ones i do is to myself with no subjects.

43 minutes ago, anzo said:

I remember going through that bollocks ages ago when I wanted to access an old account... I sacked it off in the end. 

it just pisses me off cause its got shit loads of my current details, and i could tell them 90% of the emails ive received, but thats not how their system works

In a predicament at the moment, I was meant to be moving to Vancouver from Whistler at the end of October. Unfortunately we missed out on a big contract at work that was going to take us to the end of October, the last month has been pretty dry and it looks like work will finish next week so funds are mega tight at the moment and I somehow have to fund the move and living in Van till I get a job there. (I spent my money all summer on beer and bikes)

My other option would be to move back to England for Winter which I'm worried I would majorly regret but I could live rent free and pay off some bills and save for next summer and do all the things I had planned to do. It seems the most sensible thing to do, but as of yet I don't have any work I could go straight into there either.

Also last year was hard enough moving back after doing a summer season without a work visa and now I have one I'm really worried I'd majorly go on a downer having moved back while missing out on the opportunity to use it. (I'm 100% a summer person not winter too).

Not sure what I'd planned on achieving writing this but it does feel better to put some words down somewhere.

If you're not going to be in a decent position to make a proper go of it, I'd postpone things a touch longer and set yourself up to move when you're not going to have to come back - as you say, it'd put a major downer on things and would be looming over you whilst you're there for a short initial trip. If 6 months more puts you in a far stronger position to make it happen in the right way, for me it'd be all about that.

On the other hand, however, look at Tic! Woul be worth having a chat with him about things - @haydon_peter

There's a lad I work with, who I would love to punch, as hard as possible, repeatedly.

This guy has just turned 21, tall, built like a chicken carcass, greasy hair (he just got rid of his mullet in favour of grease), his mother has to get him out of bed every morning, makes his packed lunch and a coffee for him, has never arrived to work on time, does f**k all when he's there anyway, talks slowly, writes like a 6 year old, gets away with it, boss seems to like him for some reason, he's never had more than a sit down telling off in the office, been there years.

Today I wasn't able to have a break until very late in the day because it was busy and we were a man down. This lad and I had been discussing how late it had got for my break time and how hungry I was, 10 minutes later when I finally got chance to have some lunch this utter willy had decided to sit down for his third break of the day so I couldn't. The assistant manager (who is normally a pretty decent bloke)'s answer having heard me giving him a round of f**ks - "yeah you should try and have your lunch earlier, Rich"

Awesome.

This is the level of twat this guy is every day of his drippy, worthless life.

The only reason I haven't hit him is because I value my job.

Edited by Jolfa

SPINNY SHIT UGHHHHHHHH

having come back to trials after a 7 years break it would appear every video has spins off obstacles or even just on flat surfaces, nice line drop off said obstacle perfect, oh no wait i need to do a 180 off it or after it :@

it pisses me off a lot more than it should, ha! bring back more TGS.

not liking the fact trials is becoming more bmx.....

• Like 1