The Angry Thread.

Blake

24 minutes ago, Mark W said:

Possibly - using Dan's Clio thread as an example (seem to remember you mentioned it before?), I think that may end up turning people off more than turning them on in a sense.  For a thread like that with high turn-over of new content from a wide range of people in there, you'd probably end up with about 6 or 7 threads with people updating what's going on with them.  While that's 'good' in the sense it makes it look busier, bearing in mind that people were complaining when there was a 'Car thread' and a 'Trials Forum Track Day' thread as there being 'too much car stuff' in chit-chat, I'm not 100% sure that it would work that well.

I agree, it's not going to happen(!!), I think the only way it might have worked would be to ditch pretty much all the 'the' threads and go back to having a completely random set of threads.. less structure, no 'you should post here'.. some nonsense, some quick questions about fridges, some 'pics from this weekend', some car updates, the point being that chit chat would turn over more quickly and keep things a bit more interesting than they are now. More like how it used to be, and more like how websites with user submitted content are. Unfortunately, if I'm honest, I think it's too late for that. Making that sort of change would probably be the final straw for chit chat.

And no worries, I appreciate the thought of being helpful at least :)

28 minutes ago, isitafox said:

I think we should have a "The things that have broken for Sam Kidney" thread. 

That would garner a serious number of posts! 

I don't think the server would cope :lol: 

It's been waiting to happen, would make the odd click or bang every now or then.. 

The S6 I had intended to buy just slipped through my fingers because the Snipe site I used failed to place the bid.

Only been waiting about 4 years for that particular car in that particular spec to show up.

Guess it means I can continue to wait for a B2 80/90 with a 20vt to show up though.

Started watching that final about 10mins into extra time.  First thing I saw was a Portugeezer pretending he'd been kicked in the head when the guy was nowhere near him.  The second thing I saw was Koshellknee (I don't care how he spells it, that's how you say it) being given a yellow for some Portugeezer handballing the f**k out of it.  Having watched some other good sport related stuff today, that really hit home how dogshit football can be at times.

That said, other Portugeezer did f**king bury it on that winner.

On 7/9/2016 at 4:37 PM, Jolfa said:

The S6 I had intended to buy just slipped through my fingers because the Snipe site I used failed to place the bid.

Only been waiting about 4 years for that particular car in that particular spec to show up.

Guess it means I can continue to wait for a B2 80/90 with a 20vt to show up though.

Why would you not just put in your max bid earlier in the day?

2 hours ago, JT! said:

Because that gives other people time to consider how much extra they're willing to pay, you never get anything cheap doing it that way!

Messaged the guy saying I'd take it if it all fell through, and although my wanting to pay by PayPal and have it collected did make me sound like a scammer, later offering to send a friend with cash should have rectified that, but he is adamant I'm trying to screw him and as such now wants to screw me and keeps going on about sending him £1500 by Western Union or Moneygram, strange chap.

14 hours ago, JT! said:

A lot of people are stupid and bid reactively - this is why you see 'tit for tat' ebay bidding, as if being at the top of the bidding pile for the most amount of time is what wins it.

Lots of people complain about snipe programs because they 'don't get a chance to bid back'. These people are morons, so it's best to just snipe to get past them.

• Like 1

I only tend to use sniping software if I know I'm not going to be around but I always snipe as you're only ever going to end up paying more if you bid before. The only exception to that is when I place a bid just to remove a silly high 'buy it now' price that I don't expect the sale to reach.

1. Turns out when I gave my laptop to my ex's dad to fix early last year he's managed to erase, or actually physically remove, the NVIDIA graphics card it originally came with. 
Just gone to have a smash on War Thunder for the first time in ages and its running at medium texture graphics because its not seeing the card. Looks like shit, used to run it at full detail no problem. Only realised now because I didnt have the laptop for the majority of last year, everyone in her family just seemed to adopt it as their own..

Go into control panel, select the NVIDIA settings - " NVIDIA Graphics card was not detected in your system "

2. My car still isnt fixed, drives like shit. 

3. Im skint, literally f**k all to resolve issues 1. and 2. 

4. Im missing both Radfest and Rockingham this weekend due to reason 3.  

Edited by SamKidney

Strongly considering a change in job/location in the next year or so. Enjoy my work and where I am isn't so bad but I'd like to spread my wings so to speak. 

Just cant decide if it's a good idea or not 

Edited by SamKidney

I'm angry because Ogre made me delete this rant because I was too busy ranting with him about his hormones while he's bored in hospital. 

i was originally angry because some fanny asked for a job earlier by saying the words, and I quote: "any jobs anywhere". I took time out of my day to tell that person that forming a sentence might help. He then came back with "jobs anywhere". 4 hours laters. Guy's a keeper. Watch out Jolfa, he could probably get your job.