The Angry Thread.

Blake

Very pissed off, had to leave my mod on the shed loft whilst we had the sheep in for lambing and I've just got it down. Due to the condensation from the weather and the hundred or so sheep and lambs almost everything on the bike has corroded. Discs and all steel bolts are rusty, brake calipers, hubs where the spoke holes are, pedals and brake bodies are corroded and the brakes whilst still working well look f**ked. Pretty much turned a £350-400 bike into a £150-200 bike :(

My housemate has brought a 4 year old to our university house (without asking) for the entire bank holiday weekend. We have subsequently been banned from drinking, smoking, listening to music past 9pm, swearing, playing Call of Duty/ any other violent games, all because she doesn't want him seeing anything 'bad'. 

A complete lack of common sense or basic respect for the other 3 people living here. 

17 hours ago, TrialsIsHard said:

My housemate has brought a 4 year old to our university house (without asking) for the entire bank holiday weekend. We have subsequently been banned from drinking, smoking, listening to music past 9pm, swearing, playing Call of Duty/ any other violent games, all because she doesn't want him seeing anything 'bad'. 

A complete lack of common sense or basic respect for the other 3 people living here. 

And you presumably told her to f'ck off and resumed all of the listed activities?

• Like 4

Crashed today on an 'XC' trail and ended up with 5 stitches in my elbow and a possible broken bone in my hand/wrist, got to wear a splint for a week then get another xray to see if it's a break or not. Damn. Time to enjoy the non bike things things that Whistler has to offer.

Christ, that's awful mate!

Lost for words really, that's just terrible.

In similar news, I attended a wedding yesterday where the entire catering staff had a massive RTC and had to be air lifted to hospital. We all chipped in to keep the wedding moving, but it's a bit of a "WTF man" situation when you get to the reception and the place is empty. Hopefully they're all ok.

Ordered some t shirts from America a few weeks back which finally got through customs on the 7th. Strangely though the tracking number now shows on both Parcelforce and Royal Mail that my item, posted on 07/06/16 has been received at our international mail centre and is being made ready for despatch overseas. Been waiting nearly a month for it and praying to God it doesn't all get sent back to the sender! 

Worth giving your local depot a buzz - we've had it many times with shipments coming through that get passed on to Parcelforce that when they have customs charges to be paid they just don't get in touch, so you're sitting there waiting for something to happen for ages.  They're supposed to send a letter out saying "give us de monies" but virtually never do.

• Like 1

1. After growing a mustache and a beard I felt it was time to trim. Sideburn trim went alright, with mustache I went a bit too short... But I do not want to shave or trim further as I am afraid I will look like 17 yo kid

2.I had the last night spent with with my girlfriend, as we will break up today. I am going to miss those nights :(

3. I am going to Hungary now... and honestly, I just want to visit family, and skip the Hungary part

• Like 1

Tried something new at work (internal comms about my function) sent to all our offices globally and desk dropped locally...it was off brand...all but 2 people have been negative about it rather than positive.

I can see the COO has emailed my boss...feel bad...i guess it had his sign off and he's not hanging me out to dry, but I've only been at the company 2 months...damn.

Litteraly destroyed my Hope Pro2 40T Evo Trials a few weeks ago.. axle, hub shell and bearings within a few minutes.
 I bought it new like 1 1/2 years ago and of course couldn't find the bill when Hope asked me to send it to them.

After loads of emails I finally recieved a new axle as well as the particular bearing that blew up - which, to be fair, is a huge support by hope.

Gutted, though, having to go on riding with a damaged hub shell as it's now weakend right next to the disc mount, which, of couse, is in use  .. :unsure:

Edited by Martin Direske

It actually sounds very mich like Hope as they sorted me out with a new axle and bearings.. can't say anything bad about them.

What actually is pissing me off is me not being able to keep shit together.. such as bills. Especially when it comes to a 200€ hub.

I never had to send something in as I usually fix things myself. I would have done that as well here, but there were no advance warning before the damage..

Just imagine what happened here:

<hub blows up>

Me: Oh hello there hope support. I bought a hub of yours like 2 years ago and now it suffered a collateral damage.

Hope: Yeah sure no problem. Just send it in with a proof of purchase.

Me: Uhh.. :mellow:

Their support is dope as f**k, I wrote with like 3 technicans who really tried to help me but having no bill or something was tricky, plus 2 years or something is bit off regular support I guess.

I was trying to get some proof of purchase by looking up my email-inbox from two years ago, even contacted the shop I thought I bought it off.. no chance.

In the end I was given the axle and bearings for free, which, having pointed out my stupidity, is a really really nice gesture from hope.

A lesson was learned that way.

Edited by Martin Direske
  • Like 1

I had to send in some bits (snapped crank axle and bent freehub body) and they sorted it no issues in a couple of days. They even chucked in new bearings and a dust seal for the freehub body, so they're pretty darn good in that sense really.