The Angry Thread.

Blake

Sorry to hear that pal.

I had several relationships fall apart because the girl got upset when I wasn't around. I tried to explain to them look, see the glass as half full. Be happy for what you do have, not regretful for what you don't have. But it never seemed to work. I don't get girl logic, if there is any.

Not at all, 2 hours and i'm at her front door. She's just being a total mong.

Just been talking about it more and she's potentially coming down tonight 'cos texts are shit and I assume she feels like a twat for last night, seems so confused about the whole thing. Just wanna talk it over and know exactly where I stand with no ambiguity, guesswork is not my game.

Tell her the people of TF think she needs to man up and enjoy what she has. The grass isn't always greener and your more than adequate penis is something to be worshipped, not thrown away.

You can also add that if she does throw it away, I'll be all over it like maggots on a corpse.

So f**king tired of people just treating me however they want to and are really rude to me. Always seems to expect that I won't do anything about it, but whenever I do, I'm just a annoying drama queen! And my stepmom is one of those.

And skoze, I really feel bad for you even though I don't even know you or anything. Hope you get it all sorted.

Both my main MacBook hard drive, and my backup external hard drive have raped themselves within the space of two days...

that's 4 years of photos, coursework, video projects, memories and important documents gone...

Not to mention all my stuff I had prepped for uni interviews!

Not cool

Had tickets to see Jamie Lenman on Saturday. G/f was coming from a work thing in London but someone jumped in front of a train near London Euston station so the train network was chaos. We didn't end up going. Pretty gutted after just reading the Reuben songs he played on the night >_<

Obviously you've got it all backed up though right?

The external was my backup...

Had time machine running on my second internal drive, only to find out that isn't showing any more than the time since it all happened, as if it's almost reset itself?

Basically 2 backups, and nothing now...

Alllllllll about an off-site back-up for anything you couldn't afford to lose, or replace. I'm a big fan of Dropbox, although you might be out of their free plans with the sort of data you store. It's well worth the cash though, because as you now know, data is ridiculously important when you lose it. Check out Google Drive as well.

Alllllllll about an off-site back-up for anything you couldn't afford to lose, or replace. I'm a big fan of Dropbox, although you might be out of their free plans with the sort of data you store. It's well worth the cash though, because as you now know, data is ridiculously important when you lose it. Check out Google Drive as well.

my google drive f**ked up :( when i put pictures in the file on the computer and refresh google drive on my phone, they dont come up :(

Technically they are more a redundancy measure, not backup. :P

Feel bad for the guy though... I have multiple backups of anything important, plus dropbox.

I've had Dropbox spaz out and delete a load of stuff before, it is not a diamond sword!

Edited by Muel

When I split up with Lou after living with her for 4 years it was terrible, living in the same house as her for 6 weeks.

Literally the most uncomfortable and hateful thing in the world. I f**king hated her 6 days a week, then one day everything would be fine and she was spot on, and I would forget that all week we had been wanting to kill each other.

And with that experience, I can only suggest you kill it off as quickly as possible and go find yourself a rebound. Which sounds like a dickhead lad thing to say, but it's the only way.

As soon as you start to question a relationship it's time to go, because that doubt will never go.

Postponing a break up is mental, as you know. It just gives more time to regret it and get back together.

I feel for you Matt, I've been there and it isn't nice.

Man hugs.

As soon as you start to question a relationship it's time to go, because that doubt will never go.

I've spoken to both of my sets of grandparents about this when my parents split up, and all 4 of them would disagree with you there. Everyone doubts their relationships at one time or another.

If there are fundamental flaws then I'd tend to agree with you, but Matt's lady getting herself in a tizzy is as much down to her situation than anything else. From what I understand it's certainly not due to a clash of personalities or anything like that.

• Like 1

I agree also. Relationships are complex and difficult and should be recognised and approached as such. Feelings within them continually change but the presence of negative ones doesn't mean you can't return to positive ones. Consumerist culture seems to have invaded relationships though and they have become quite disposable to many people. They are also seen in a quite passive way (falling in love) rather than an activity whereby you both have to constantly work to reach new levels of balance and companionship. In a related sense people seem to identify love with that initial relationship excitement and when it inevitably goes they think that love has left. The more subtle but deeper feelings that may or may not come about after the excitement has gone, that are actually love, are seen as lesser when actually they are the essential qualities that allow proper for proper companionship.

Edited by Ben Rowlands
  • Like 1