The Happy Thread

Duncy H

I swear the swear filter on TF is the most retarded thing in the world ever.

There's me assuming it'll be edited out to say 'sponge' or something stupid like what, *** and stupid things like that. But it lets us say Paki.

But seriously, it does look like an Asian has been sick on a plate.

There's me assuming it'll be edited out to say 'sponge' or something stupid like what, *** and stupid things like that. But it lets us say Paki.

I'm not sure correcting it to spongestani would be the way forward to be honest.

Got a good week to look forward to, first shift today in my base signalbox since passing it out (at the end of March so well overdue!) then I've got 2 days doing 7hr shifts but getting paid for 12hrs Monday and Wednesday in a really quiet one, school trip on Thursday to the Sealife centre and then back in here for a steady day next Saturday!

Best bit is here and the other box I'll be working are 5 mins away from home!

EDIT: Forgot that Friday night me and the wife are going out to see Michael McIntyre in Buxton as well!

Zing ^

Heading to Zip World next month for my birthday, anyone here done the Titan and / or Velocity lines?

Titan is cheaper and you do three different ones, but they look quite tame. Velocity looks awesome but it's £60 and takes less than a minute.

Any opinions?

From a quick look on their site you get that 4x4 tour and the smaller version too so I guess Velocity isn't too bad - seems the whole point of doing it is to find it a bit scary, so that's the one I'd go for.

I get a build up of wax in my ears, more so than most people. This means I have to fill them with olive oil daily to try and clear it out, then head to the doctors to have them blasted out.

Lately I've been lazy with that, so three weeks ago my left ear blocked completely, meaning all I could hear was bass and my heart beat. About 5 minutes ago it started to get louder, then a big pop and I can hear again!

It's such a nice feeling, though everything goes uber loud, even normal speaking volumes sound like shouting!

Is that from DJing/loud music in general for years?

Probably, I have Tinnitus from DJ'ing and my right ear is significantly more broken than the left, because it was my monitor ear - ie, had headphones crushed against it that had to be louder than the club...

I don't regret it though, had some amazing times back then! :)

Interestingly, aside from looking weirdly similar, you and I also have a similar issue with our ears. I just end up syringing mine every couple of weeks. Fun fun fun. When I was really young I used to get ear infections all the time and I think it's just spawned from that. I found it tended to get worse when I'd been playing bass (and consequently wearing ear plugs), and now when I'm wearing in-ear earphones. Worth the trade-off for me at the moment though.

Interestingly, aside from looking weirdly similar, you and I also have a similar issue with our ears. I just end up syringing mine every couple of weeks. Fun fun fun. When I was really young I used to get ear infections all the time and I think it's just spawned from that. I found it tended to get worse when I'd been playing bass (and consequently wearing ear plugs), and now when I'm wearing in-ear earphones. Worth the trade-off for me at the moment though.

You have a syringe kit or do you annoy the nurses?

I used to get loads of ear infections, the first few times it's utter agony, but you seem to get used to them to the point where I didn't even really know I had it, apart from the odd twinge of pain.

PS, we're brothers. Your dad was the milkman.

For anyone wondering, this is two photos of me:

1557435_10155229607215023_81698253610491

11205508_10155458918835587_3537588058672

I'm the same, I have to go see the nurse every couple of months and get them syringed out. I've always had waxy ears, but it's worse now I work in a warm and dusty environment. Gets to the stage where I can't hear and it affects my balance. First time I went it was horrific the amount of shite that came out