The Happy Thread

Duncy H

This waxy shit makes sense, especially balance and hearing as bing noted. Might go have mine looked at. Can't remember the last time I did

Other wise: bike has sold, time to leave trials behind for a while and enjoy other things. Given a nice chunk to my car fund and the other micra is yet to sell also so things are looking up and there's still 5 months to save.

Edited by SamKidney

You have a syringe kit or do you annoy the nurses?

I used to get loads of ear infections, the first few times it's utter agony, but you seem to get used to them to the point where I didn't even really know I had it, apart from the odd twinge of pain.

PS, we're brothers. Your dad was the milkman.

For anyone wondering, this is two photos of me:

<photos of Mike>

When we both had shorter hair it was uncanny. When I turned up to meet myself riding that pump track blew my mind...

I just use a big plastic syringe, like the ones for bleeding brakes with. It's worked every time for me, especially if you've done a few days of ear drops/oil beforehand.

When we both had shorter hair it was uncanny. When I turned up to meet myself riding that pump track blew my mind...

I just use a big plastic syringe, like the ones for bleeding brakes with. It's worked every time for me, especially if you've done a few days of ear drops/oil beforehand.

I read that using normal tap water can give you ear infections if it gets stuck in there after you do it, did you use a special fluid?

I thought using warm oil might work?

Yeah I was trawling FB for similar photos but couldn't find any. Haha, it is pretty weird!

Nah, just normal water but I try not to go overboard with it so there's less chance of having anything remain in there afterwards. Once or twice I've had it where some got stuck in there but with me it just came out of its own accord pretty quickly, sort of similar to if you get water in your ear when you're swimming.

Got a 26" wheelset off gumtree for my mtb. Hope pro 2 Evo hubs on mavic xm319 rims for £90 all in. Only up the road in castleford as well so I collected to save on postage. Proper bargain

• Like 1

went to the trail center at Cannock Chase, had a f**king amazing ride, pushed hard and really enjoyed myself. Also did the drive by myself (not long got a car so this is an achievement for me)

• Like 2

I'm only 15 mins away from the chase, not that I could ride tonight due to fitting/fettling new mech. Did you do both dog and monkey?

In happy news I've modified a 10 speed shadow+ xt mech to run on a 9 speed sram shifter :)

Edited by forteh

Prom tomorrow... That's not the bit that's got me posting in here though. If there was a thread named along the lines of "The Completely Indifferent Thread", that's where that would be posted.

The cool thing is that while everybody else is faffing about panicking and preparing all day, I'm going out on my trials moto for a few hours in the morning before prom. There will be bacon and steak on the barbecue as well though, so all will be good in the world :P

Nothing too special, but more fun than what everyone else going to my prom is going to be doing all morning. I'll still turn up on time, fresh as a daisy and all dapper, but I'll have the benefit of not having needlessly spent the morning stressing about 'the big night' as everybody seems to be calling it :P

Edited by onzatpro09

Prom tomorrow... That's not the bit that's got me posting in here though. If there was a thread named along the lines of "The Completely Indifferent Thread", that's where that would be posted.

The cool thing is that while everybody else is faffing about panicking and preparing, I'm going out on my trials moto for a few hours. There will be bacon and steak on the barbecue as well though, so all will be good in the world :P

Nothing too special, but more fun than what everyone else going to my prom is going to be doing.

Are you going to prom?

Made a 6mm thick spacer to go underneath the cable clamp, effectively extends the actuation arm and reduces the ratio from the 10 spd shimano dynasys (1.2:1) to the 9 spd sram (1.1:1).

I used some 1/4" aluminium plate from work, cut it to 10mm square, drilled a 7/32" (because I don't actually have any metric drill bits!) in the middle and filed a 0.5mm deep groove in the top for the cable to clamp into.

I believe the actual dimension needed is something like 5.99mm so 1/4" plate works really well :)

Edited by forteh
  • Like 1

Growing up as a lone mod rider in the middle of nowhere, when I got Evolve I used to watch JJ Gregorowicz's clips in Evolve over and over again as he was the only mod rider I had any footage of (plus he had a cool style). Got a message from him last night saying he was getting an Arcade, and was asking when Ali and I were putting out another video next as he'd been watching all our old videos as inspiration. It's cool how things work out sometimes.

• Like 10

Had to pay full whack for the ring as it's the only 38t I could find but the cranks were only £35 so can't complain!

Growing up as a lone mod rider in the middle of nowhere, when I got Evolve I used to watch JJ Gregorowicz's clips in Evolve over and over again as he was the only mod rider I had any footage of (plus he had a cool style). Got a message from him last night saying he was getting an Arcade, and was asking when Ali and I were putting out another video next as he'd been watching all our old videos as inspiration. It's cool how things work out sometimes.

Should have asked when he's available!

Listening to Death From Above 1979 on a Friday evening. They're pretty much my favourite band, and they're playing in Brighton on Sunday which I'm going to. Between now and then I have a vineyard tour and fun with my best buddies and my wife. Life is good.