The Happy Thread

Duncy H

12 minutes ago, Herbertlemon102 said:

that wasn't perchance at broadribb cycles was it? because we just made a sale that matches exactly what you described, down to the whole christmas shindig.

I'm afraid not, it was Run'n'Ride in Lichfield :)

Well when you have an excited 6/7 year old there in the shop with you there has to be some sort of santa interaction :D

• Like 1

Just had an incredible phone call :lol:

'Hello...'

*hysterical shouting and crying* 'THEY'VE TAKEN HIM YOU fanny, YOU SELFISH fanny HES GONE'

'Sloooow down, what are you talking about?'

*still hysterical*

'YOU KNOW DAMN WELL WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT YOU RAT, HES GONE AND ITS ALL YOUR FAULT. WHY WOULD YOU TELL THE POLICE ABOUT THAT!? 

'About wha....'

'DONT YOU DARE f**kING CUT ME OFF, DON'T YOU DARE. YOU HAVE NO PLACE TO SPEAK HERE. THEY'VE TAKEN HIM AWAY, ITS f**k ALL TO DO WITH YOU AND YOUVE STUCK YOUR NOSE IN AND RUINED OUR LIVES!'

'I think you have the wrong number love, my names Tom and I don't know who you are?'

*level headed, reasonable, normal attitude*

'Oh is this not Daniel?'

'No, my names Tom, who's this?'

'Ever so sorry, I'm after Daniel (starts laughing). Good old technology ehy?'

'Yeeeah, best of luck finding Daniel, bye'

Psychotic mother f**ker :lol:

• Like 9

That reminded me of one I had last year, for a week or so I'd get phone calls every night off this woman and her husband in tears saying there was nothing anymore between us and to leave them alone after apparently having an affair with his Mrs. It took so much convincing them that they'd got the wrong number. Think I still have a bit of text convo screenshotted somewhere.

At the time I thought it was just my mates trying to pull one on me.

Middleburn did do a narrow wride direct mount ring, but if they were to have shut up shop entirely, the chances of them being manufactured by many other companies is slim.  That said, I have a wolftooth middleburn spline ring at the moment :)

So happy with my 4play 2012. Thanks to @Dman's videos I got myself one and am super stoked. Rides so well compared to my stock and on the three rides I did so far, I have had more fun than in the last year together. Just need a Hope hub on the rear because the trialtech freewheel isn't very confidence inspiring and also makes funny noises.

Edited by niconj
  • Like 3