Covid19

Davetrials

Can't find the data or recall the numbers but I remember reading some years ago that a certain recession metric directly correlates with a quantifiable increase in deaths. 

On the plus side of what Topsy mentioned, recession = less transport fatalities.

There is talk about the decrease in pollution in China already having saved more people than have died due to the virus. 

Still, all of this is very country specific. Also doubt that 1-2 months of a pandemic is a long enough period of time to provide adequate insight. This is a hugely complex issue and we may not be able to round up viral and "recession" deaths for years to come. The swine flu toll is estimated at a shockingly vague 50-100m. 

Working version

This has a "Aliens are real I saw them with my own eyes" interview vibe about it, but I thought it was relevant for this thread.

I found the part where Shi Zhegli had already infected mice with the corona virus and wanted to infect primates very interesting. She also wrote papers all about it years ago. 

Did the virus have anything to do with the Bio Lab in Wuhan? Or was the Bio Lab there because it was the most likely place where it was going to happen? If I had to guess I'd say Shi Zhenli was playing with fire.

16 hours ago, NINJА said:

Do you have any proofs that virus is really so dangerous?

Seriously?

I mean I have no doubts that the media hype it up as much as possible, to generate that click revenue, but yeah - one of my colleagues has died, two or three friends have been in hospital with it... And these are regular fit & healthy people, not morbidly obese or anything.

Other than several thousand dead people, what other proof would you like that it's dangerous?

17 hours ago, NINJА said:

Do you have any proofs that virus is really so dangerous?

Well sure I'm gonna say 128k people on Earth that have died from it. But this is obviously a leading question so maybe just go right a head and explain to me why it isn't dangerous?

• Like 2

On 4/13/2020 at 3:46 AM, NINJА said:

I'll just leave it here.

https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/

And this for those who cannot read:

https://www.rockefeller.edu/news/27872-rockefeller-university-releases-statement-concerning-dr-knut-wittkowski/

'The opinions that have been expressed by Knut Wittkowski, discouraging social distancing in order to hasten the development of herd immunity to the novel coronavirus, do not represent the views of The Rockefeller University, its leadership, or its faculty.

Wittkowski was previously employed by Rockefeller as a biostatistician. He has never held the title of professor at Rockefeller.'

39 minutes ago, NINJА said:

Can you actually just explain yourself rather than posting cryptic stuff?

Denmark is not in the UK and is adopting a slightly different approach to us... as are many countries... what are you getting at?

• Like 2

I see we've arrived at that point where I can say: "As I said, it's no use comparing to other countries." again.

Switzerland is also set to slowly slacken the measures next week, but this tells you nothing at all about any other countries.

Edit: Read article, can't see what needs to be explained.

Edited by Topsy
  • Like 1

Stimulus checks are being send out in the USA, so everyone is $1200 better off now.

However both the ATMs at work are out of cash so I have to deal with bitches being bitches about that.

Anyone remember former US President Obama controversial health care system in the event of a future pandemic. Checkout this speech back in 2014

I wonder if Trump regrets scrapping that health care system during his early presidential years.

47 minutes ago, MadManMike said:

How he got into power, I'll never know.

Excluding money begetting money and money being what other politicians want too, he understands that there are more people afraid of the unknown than there are willing to check their own way of thinking/life, and is happy enough to exploit that for personal gain.
So if he just said things sympathetic to or that rationalises their worries, he might get a vote. Then when he got in, he could take off the veil and show the world what an actual lunatic looks like.
I haven't seen The Joker film, but from what I've heard it's a film showcasing what happened when a severely mentally troubled person is put under the perfect conditions to wreak havoc. I feel like we're one tantrum away from seeing that pan out for real.
Or we already are, but I meant the explosives bit.

• Like 1

Has anyone actually tried injecting disinfectant into lungs? We'd feel pretty stupid if that worked and the only reason we weren't doing it was because of what "scientists" are telling us.

Just wanted to bring the TF IQ down a bit. Also, is the whole white text thing still cool or a bit too 2006?

• Like 3