The Top Gear Thread

Smo™

Chris has also said it will be with a female presenter but no names yet. It also wont be until next year.

On old top gear news BBC2 are advertising it as coming soon with clips of the shows that never aired.

From the BBC News website

His (Clarkson) final appearance on Top Gear will be shown on 28 June. The episode will be made up of two films shot before Clarkson was suspended, with Hammond and May presenting links from the studio.

Viewers will see Clarkson, Hammond and May behind the wheel of classic cars and beaten-up 4x4s in their final challenges as a trio.

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed. Judicious use of quotation marks and "unnamed sources" = standard tabloid bullshit.

It may end up being that they do do a show for ITV, but that's probably just a case of throwing enough shit at a wall and some inevitably sticking.

What a dreadful send off! BBC obviously just trying to act as if nothing has happened. Looking forwards to the next format of the show!

I believed not

obviously they have not said or shown the hitting moments, but they have edited in such a way that you feel this is more like a "bye" than another episode on top gear

Thought the giant elephant was pretty funny. I enjoyed it all apart from them rolling those 4x4s down the sandbank, I just didn't see the point?

Was nice to watch a new top gear though, I look foward to seeing what Evans can do with it. I hope it steers towards a bigger budget 'The Classic Car Show' that was on channel 5, that was a decent show apart from Quentin Wilson!

I agree that it's just desserts for Clarkson, however the other two were kind of obliged to follow. Seems as if they were instructed to stick to the script, although it seemed like they wanted to say more, for example thanking for the support and following over the years. Yet I feel this was denied as it's the end of their roles in Top Gear, but not the end of Top Gear itself. Two of the Three presenters over the last decade or so should've got to say what they felt (within reason) after that length of service.