Danny Macaskill Imaginate

Ross McArthur

very cool, i was like"what the f**k?!" as he did that gymnastic ball stuff,and there was a barrel roll aswell?

(think a 180 backflip is a flair so a 360 one should be called that?)

seeing him beeing able to go bigger than ever after a serious back injury makes me think about my wrist damage another way......

A flair is just a "flip air" which is going to be a 180 flip like that. A 180 flip out of a fly-out would still be a 180 flip though, and a 360 flip is also just a 360 flip. A barrel roll is totally different. Allow me to inform you using this handy gif:

july_08_2_041.gif

• Like 3

I like it, the whole idea and how it has been pulled off is perfect! I think it was hard work for everyone involved but it's something really great that can be enjoyed for years. I personally like the twister ride, kicker to backwards hook to fakie nose roll and the block topple to sidehop.

Technically that'd be a Zach flip as he spells his name that way :P But yeah, one step at a time haha.

Fun Fact - A very young me met Zach Shaw, Simon Tabron and Mat Hoffman in Newquay once when I didn't really have any idea who any of them were. Zach Shaw had a f**king huge American-style pick-up.

I think i must be on my period - I didn't enjoy that half as much as WBH... :(

A couple of really really cool moves that made me want to pee and a totally rad idea and production. I just prefer his interpretation of stuff that is already there ....

front bouncy ball flip to rail was sooooooo cool though.

Stick that tampon back in, get a bar of chocolate, sit down on the sofa to watch a RomCom and let those hormones mess with your mind Rowan :P

I know what you mean, but the imagination and creativity to come up with this is incredible. Let alone the level of Riding.

A flair is just a "flip air" which is going to be a 180 flip like that. A 180 flip out of a fly-out would still be a 180 flip though, and a 360 flip is also just a 360 flip. A barrel roll is totally different. Allow me to inform you using this handy gif:

july_08_2_041.gif

That is funny as fook,I can't stop laughing

Anyway back to the Danny vid,he's got some proper skills and even more so after his bad injury.i enjoyed watching that.

250 takes that front flip to rail took apparently...

Not many will know that Danny is wearing head phones in some of those clips, just so it was more like him doing his own thing in the street. It took the stress away from filming and having to have "takes". Instead he just rode and Stu had the camera rolling all the time.

Technically that'd be a Zach flip as he spells his name that way :P But yeah, one step at a time haha.

Fun Fact - A very young me met Zach Shaw, Simon Tabron and Mat Hoffman in Newquay once when I didn't really have any idea who any of them were. Zach Shaw had a f**king huge American-style pick-up.

You know, as I typed it I thought, maybe it's Zach with an 'h'. If I'd thought further, I'd have realised that the only person who would a) know and b ) say so, would be good old OBM ; )

Somewhere I have photos I took from the deck of a vert ramp in 2005 of Tabron and Zach. I remember being stoked to meet Zach because his photo was on the back of the 1997(8?) GT Bikes catalogue. I think he was flipping over a car or something. That catalogue, however, contained pictures of Hans Rey on a 12.5" frame Zaskar. Hans won, and the next year I bought a trials bike.

Which brings us back to Danny...

• 2 weeks later...

It looks more believable watching the outtakes stuff than the actual feature video and you get a much better sense of scale and perspective of things.

Would love to see an alternative feature length edit where the viewer can really appreciate how huge the whole set-up really is.