What do you just not "get"?

aener

How political policy of all colour rosettes is decided upon to appease or align with popular opinion by using twitter and the red top's comments section as a beta test.

How Trump most likely did win but biden will be president to save face on a world stage and as the rest of the world has gone "thank f**k we got rid of the guy that upset the apple cart" before Jan 20 there could never be a climb down now. To prove beyond reasonable doubt in such an environment will never happen and doing so would have to incriminate or perjure both sides. I think biden out-cheated trump, essentially.

How ballroom prancing is entertainment, let alone successful as either a pastime or TV format.

Actually, Anything that is indulged in by the masses - the mainstream I suppose. Popularity is not a de facto sign of quality.

Any f**ker that spent thousands on watching game of thrones. Or bought prime for the grand tour. Baffling. 

People who engage in the water cooler gossip shows alluded above. They don't have the self awareness that they just want to be in a clique and bought all the subscriptions just so they can chat shit in the break room about what box set "You just absolooootely have to watch". Even if they did they couldn't admit it.

Said people who label you a boring fanny because you know what the outdoors looks like.

Them 49 pence-ish waste of earth's resources magazines that you get a in a display at checkouts - the one's by the "oh go on then" chocolate and sim cards for Lycamobile  that have a paper quality they couldn't use for even the cheapest blue roll and have cover headlines like "I married my dog 'til he left me for the neighbour's budgie" over top of a frumpy Charlene, 53 from Kent.

How it's unfathomable that i've only ever had 2 macdonalds in my life and I thought they were both shit. I buy the oreo/cadbury ice cream, & the coffee in a pinch.

How "orrrh KFC gravy's banging laaaaad 'ow can a you not like Kayeffsee" Because they think gravy comes pissweak out of a bisto packet and now seem to have an orgasm over actual gravy. It's just chicken stock. That's it. That's what chicken gravy is. KFC's expensive shite. End of.

How people consider iceland (the shop) cheap or in anyway good value. I can feed 3 of us for the price of that £5 processed turkey breadcrumb slop and still have change to put in the gas leccy interwebs jar.

Football.

All the carry on associated with the fringes of it. I've come to the conclusion that it must be the sports betting that is the enjoyment. And the clique-y tribalism. But not what is on the pitch/telly/big screen int' pub. The game of football that I observe for <60secs on TV is utter shite.

How Gary Lineker is worth so much public money. All his job is is doing continuity announcing between the voxpops and roll VT.

The lass I worked with that budgeted £3K for christmas. On her hours if she earned >7k takehome for the year I'll fall over in shock.

Park and other christmas voucher clubs. Surely most of the people paying in are doing like ******* ^ and overspending or having ideas above their station.

The idea that a holiday is not only a divine right of the 1st world but by that holiday not being on foreign shores you are a lesser person - usually recited from a girl who goes off somewhere like Croatian blackpool for fishbowls and getting f**ked 6 ways to sunday so they have somewhere to kip f'urt night.

No one admitting that ^ is what 1st festivals and gap year's and goin' uni are about really - "I just really found myself y'know..." Bollocks.    

Edited by CC12345678910

14 hours ago, CC12345678910 said:

How Trump most likely did win but biden will be president to save face on a world stage and as the rest of the world has gone "thank f**k we got rid of the guy that upset the apple cart" before Jan 20 there could never be a climb down now. To prove beyond reasonable doubt in such an environment will never happen and doing so would have to incriminate or perjure both sides. I think biden out-cheated trump, essentially

lol

You are dreaming, or just slugging back that disinformation.

Republicans were/are doing all they could to keep Trump in power, made voting as difficult as possible for as many people likely to vote Democrat, purged hundreds of thousands of people from electoral rolls, deliberately set things up to make it appear that there had been impropriety (e.g. they knew Pennsylvania would be a key state, so made sure that they weren't allowed to count mail in ballots early - as other states did - so that it would seem like Trump won on the day then mysterious dumps of ballots would appear later that they could cast doubt on. They set that play up, and then claimed exactly that as it all unfolded)...

There's nothing to suggest that there was widespread fraud of any kind. The Republicans have spent literally hundreds of millions of $s investigating it, and in many cases controlled how the elections were handled in various counties so would be positioned perfectly to find out. Even Bill Barr has said that the justice department haven't found anything that would suggest that there was fraud at any level that could have affected the outcome, and bearing in mind how subservient he's been to Trump since Trump installed him to protect him during the Mueller probe I'm sure he'd have said something if there was anything. Everyone connected to Trump - including the Republican party - stood to profit massively off a Trump second term, so there's no reason for them to suppress it. 

Believing that Biden somehow 'out-cheated' Trump is pure fiction. Just bandying that kind of shit around is what subverts this kind of process everywhere, and is exactly what c**ts who are trying to retain power everywhere want people to believe. Don't feed in to it.

EDIT: Just to add - surely if you did any kind of critical thinking about this it'd be clear that Trump had done everything he could to lose this election? He's absolutely f**ked handling this pandemic in so many different ways, and it's clear from his popularity/approval ratings that since it all kicked off he's just continued to drive down his own support. When George Floyd's killing happened, his inner-racist came out again and he turned off a large swath of the electorate that put him in power in the first place. That comes on the back of generally being a divisive piece of shit for the past 4 years that people are tired of. It even comes down to him not even bothering to keep on message for the election campaign, and just displaying even more of the traits that swing voters disliked in him. For quite a large period early in the campaign, Biden's team didn't even need to do anything because Trump was torpedoing his own credibility by talking about injecting bleach into people and using sunlight inside them to cure the virus...

• Like 6

2 hours ago, manuel said:

Cricket I love more than cycling. What’s not to get? If you are struggling, watch the IPL it’s epic sport

Any game that can last several days and still not end up with a winning side is just mental. There also appears to be pretty much no athleticism required and at least the 'traditional' game seems to think it's still 1920... I have zero time for it! 

Nope. I love it.

Just found another one of mine whilst YouTube surfing...

schmee/supercar blondie/influencers in general

proper wtf with schmee and blondie - less personality than a tree stump and crap at talking about cars, yet actually do consulting for car companies and paid bajillions. 

• Like 5

I don't get how people can just live with themselves saying things like "I've been learning trials for 30 seconds" and then go do a 3mile long manual into a tap up 12ft wall and foot jam tail whip720 off a double decker bus and then up-to-front a pine tree. Gah I hate those people. I could barely ride a bike when I started trials*.  *not exactly true.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, marg26 said:

I don't get how people can just live with themselves saying things like "I've been learning trials for 30 seconds" and then go do a 3mile long manual into a tap up 12ft wall and foot jam tail whip720 off a double decker bus and then up-to-front a pine tree. Gah I hate those people. I could barely ride a bike when I started trials*.  *not exactly true.

Aye, my general rule was if someone introduces their riding by saying how long they've been riding the number's not accurate. Same goes for a lot of things though, I had a friend who always made such a fuss about how he didn't revise for any exams but the story from his mum was that be was working six hours a night for months and stressed all the time... Just seems like a waste of energy lying about that kind of stuff. 

That reminds me of secret eating and secret smoking.

One of my colleagues used to disappear several times a day, would lock himself in a semi-outside area, and have a fag then come back 10 minutes later stinking of smoke mixed with Lynx while chewing chewing gum. He never openly admitted what he was doing and I can only assume he thought we didn't know. There's a small mountain of fag buts hidden in the area now and I assume he hid his fags and lighter out there. Weird.

On 12/2/2020 at 9:43 AM, Mark W said:

lol

You are dreaming, or just slugging back that disinformation.

Neither. Genuine, non partisan conclusion based on my general take on it. I'm not on socials of any kind so the propaganda on Faceache or twatter ain't gonna land on me.

Tell me, how are you so omniscient oh great one? You know for deffo what stuff you read on [insert news outlet of choice]/FB/twatstagram etc. is bollocks and what is not? You can conclusively prove what is da truth yo and that is not? Even about stuff wethepeople are not privy to, for reasons including our overbears deciding "it's for your own good".

Tell me sire, how does one such an inferior like myself gain such a sure of mind, closed shop, platinum clad, bullshit filter?

Republicans were/are doing all they could to keep Trump in power, made voting as difficult as possible for as many people likely to vote Democrat, purged hundreds of thousands of people from electoral rolls, deliberately set things up to make it appear that there had been impropriety (e.g. they knew Pennsylvania would be a key state, so made sure that they weren't allowed to count mail in ballots early - as other states did - so that it would seem like Trump won on the day then mysterious dumps of ballots would appear later that they could cast doubt on. They set that play up, and then claimed exactly that as it all unfolded)... And I reckon they're really rather sore that biden's lot out played them with whatever they had going on.

There's nothing to suggest that there was widespread fraud of any kind. Publicly. Plus what kind of shit half arse job would that be if it took 5secs to uncover? "Ah here it is, here's the ring binder full of fraud; knew I left that somewhere"

The Republicans have spent literally hundreds of millions of $s investigating it, and in many cases controlled how the elections were handled in various counties so would be positioned perfectly to find out. Even Bill Barr has said that the justice department haven't found anything that would suggest that there was fraud at any level that could have affected the outcome, and bearing in mind how subservient he's been to Trump since Trump installed him to protect him during the Mueller probe I'm sure he'd have said something if there was anything. Nixon got stabbed in the back remember? Maybe the guy's a turncoat/got a cayman's bank account payment recently haha.

Everyone connected to Trump - including the Republican party - stood to profit massively off a Trump second term, so there's no reason for them to suppress it. That we know of publicly. Sidedeals on sidedeals on sidedeals...

Believing that Biden somehow 'out-cheated' Trump is pure fiction. Conjecture. It was conjecture on my part.

Just bandying that kind of shit around is what subverts this kind of process everywhere, and is exactly what c**ts who are trying to retain power everywhere want people to believe. How's it retaining power if t'other lot get/grab the power? If your point is more anti-establishment based, then we are possibly not that far apart. I have inherent distrust of money and/or power. Regardless of it's rosette colour or white collar shirt.  

Don't feed in to it. So other people on other platforms must think the same as me? To invoke that response from yer gud self other people/spambots must have expressed said opinion? I'm not privy to such platforms so I don't know.

EDIT: Just to add - surely if you did any kind of critical thinking about this it'd be clear that Trump had done everything he could to lose this election? He's absolutely f**ked handling this pandemic in so many different ways, I figure he was just riding it out 'til the vaccine came at which point he'd shout 'murica f**k yeah a lot [phizer vaccine], which would go down with his (apparent) core electorate better than being deemed unconstitutional [Land of the free yada yada]. Masks and lockdowns are unconstitutional too, of course.

and it's clear from his popularity/approval ratings that since it all kicked off he's just continued to drive down his own support. He turned off a large swath of the electorate that put him in power in the first place and just displaying even more of the traits that swing voters disliked in him. The joys of the bordering-middle swingster demographic is that they have no conviction about them? And a large amount of bandwagon jumping and sheep-ism? Particularly as you have such a large data set [in this case the vast 'murican population]. No one ever gauges how sincere any of these vox pop contributors are, the people doing the talking heads piece to camera/poll/survey just get the headline to clickbait vice and buzzfeed readers and move on to the next one. Even the beeb quote buzzfeed on the 'the papers' program now - that always gives me a chortle and a facepalm when they do that.

That comes on the back of generally being a divisive piece of shit for the past 4 years that people are tired of. When you make decisions about people's lives you can't be all things to all people? That is an oxymoron? At somepoint you have to stiff someone over? Theresa May f**ked it when she tried appeasement rather than axe wielding - screwing people over is what made her good* at being at home secretary after all. Preeti Patel seems to be cut from the same mould. Boris' lot have bumblef**ked their way from one problem to another but frankly how the feck else was it gonna happen.

*your results may vary

It even comes down to him not even bothering to keep on message for the election campaign, For quite a large period early in the campaign, Biden's team didn't even need to do anything because Trump was torpedoing his own credibility by talking about injecting bleach into people and using sunlight inside them to cure the virus... I don't doubt he's an idiot. Again, kind of a given.

Edited by CC12345678910

There isn't really much point engaging with most of that if the inevitable response is either going to be "publicly...", or just some random conjecture. 

Couple of things though.

"Nixon got stabbed in the back remember?" How? He even got pardoned. The closest he really got to being stabbed in the back was by himself, by requesting to have a recording system installed so there'd be a record of all his conversations. They even scrubbed what would have been some of the most incriminating parts, after first refusing to hand the tapes over at all. 

"Even the beeb quote buzzfeed on the 'the papers' program now - that always gives me a chortle and a facepalm when they do that." Buzzfeed News is a separate part of the business to the clickbait/listicles side of their business. It seems they only really used the Buzzfeed name because it already had a lot of reach/visibility. They hired a lot of highly regarded journalists and funded them pretty well to be able to do bigger stories and do more long-term investigative journalism. They've broken some big stories and have won awards for their work:

"During its relatively short tenure, it has won the George Polk Award, The Sidney Award, National Magazine Award and National Press Foundation award, as well as being a finalist for Pulitzer Prizes."

I feel compelled to add another after the past couple of days commuting:

drivers who feel the need to overtake a motorbike with L plates at any opportunity. 

For context I’ve been ‘overtaken’ by two cars recently both in a totally reckless way, I ride a decent size 125 with L plates, ok it’s a small bike but it’s still quicker than most cars off the line and up to about 40. The first was in a 30 zone with me travelling at the upper end of the limit which you have to on a bike otherwise people sit on your wheel with no braking distance. I don’t want to be picked out of a land rover grill any time soon.

This guy sat on my wheel as I gently upped the speed to a decent price ticket and decided to boot it past me up to a blind bend next to a T junction with chevrons. 

The second was pulling off a roundabout onto a 60 road, I wound it on up to nearly sixty and then a huge suv bombed past me and again on chevrons at a junction before slamming on the brakes into a wet corner on a single carriage way road.

WHY. Why do they do it? I never lost sight of either car and then overtook whilst they sat in traffic. I don’t get it, I’m constantly held up by slow moving cars and you’re always on the interesting side of speed limits on a bike and so never a hinderance to traffic. I don’t get it, maybe L plates are like a red flag to certain drivers...

1 hour ago, Maintenance Justice said:

It might be worth noting that it's not just to bikers. Some drivers are dickheads - they do it to everyone, it's just that a bike is smaller so they have more space to try it on.
I recently saw a (obviously...) white Range Rover smashing up the third lane of a motorway at a speed the limit wouldn't even recognise until reaching a point just ahead of me where all three were taken by almost-speed-matched vehicles.
I'd had to slow down a bit quicker than usual because someone just pulled into the gap ahead in a space that wasn't really big enough, but this guy wove from the third lane, all the way down through the already too-small gap into the hard shoulder to undertake the lorry in the first lane, then all the way back out to the third. Like - not one lane at a time. He pretty much perfectly traced a single oscillation of a sine curve. (Edit: that's from 1 to 1, or -1 to -1, obviously. Not 0 to 0, or that WOULD have made a mess :lol: )

Edited by aener

15 hours ago, Luke Rainbird said:

Tiny penises.

Edit: This was a response to the post above, but equally I just don't get why anybody would have one :rolleyes:

Just comfort really, like its out the way when I'm working, no fear of trapping it and really I just enjoy the word choad.