The Angry Thread.

Blake

I had to call them several times back then, I had several different bills through after they initially "wrote it off".

The icing on the cake was when I called their Scottish office and they lady on the other end was talking to me like I was a criminal, a real condescending willy.

I said something along the lines of "Excuse me? You guys are the ones that f**ked up here".

Shambles.

• Like 1

I went through tons of drama with the HMRC. Two years ago they decided that two of the years I'd been non resident for tax purposes I needed to do tax returns, and promptly sent me a letter saying I was to pay £1200 in charges. Then they said oh some of your company car tax in 2010/11 was never paid, oh and also your student loan repayments never came out. So after sifting through mountains of paperwork it turned out I had 3 old tax returns to do. But there were a couple of figures that HMRC had which I needed for the form. So I phoned up and asked for them but they said they could mail them or fax - this was the day before the deadline. It's ridiculous, they wouldn't email or tell me on the phone, so my return was late because they had to fax me a number so I could write it on a form and send it back to them.

Eventually I had all the charges cancelled and then they left me alone until a few weeks back, when they sent me a letter out of the blue saying I probably need to do a tax return this year. When I phoned up nobody could tell me why this is, and nobody could tell me if my status is still non-resident, because if not I could get in trouble for not declaring off-shore accounts. If I do have to do a tax return then my situation doesn't 'fit' the form anyway, and then they say well hey you'll have to pay for accountant to help you. And I'm thinking how about you pay for my f'cking accountant if your forms are so f'cking retarded we need training to fill them in.

It's a royal mess. I get the impression that the government spent a ton of money on a poorly designed computer system and then employed a load of helpless humans who are seemingly at the mercy of the whims of the machine. Nobody on the phone knows anything, and just how much of that tax money is wasted on all this inefficiency.

• Like 2

You boys think HMRC are shit, you want to try working for the Railway. Yet again spent 3 months chasing up missing wages and had to get the North West manager to sort it all out. At least this time it's only £2k I'm owed and not £3.5k like last... 

Oh yeah, as part of my tax cockup I mentioned, I needed my individual tax number to file a return, to obtain this I needed my partnership number, to obtain that I needed my individual tax number.... They flat out refused to tell me either of these numbers.

• Like 2

Or just put the bike away for a bit, the love might come back, it might not but there's no point trying to force yourself to enjoy something you can't be arsed with anymore, there's plenty of other things to fill your time with!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Jolfa said:

Or just put the bike away for a bit, the love might come back, it might not but there's no point trying to force yourself to enjoy something you can't be arsed with anymore, there's plenty of other things to fill your time with!

This. Been there done that. 

Sometimes you realise you're just trying to force yourself to enjoy it. 

Me and most my mates over the years have bought the ultimate bike (modern or our era) now we're older and have money, and not one of us ever started riding again.

I do have an awesome top, top spec Hawzee Giant though garnished with rare as rocking horse shit parts, I think I rode it once to test and photograph it and that was it :lol: Pretty similar story for the others too, My mate built up an amazing GU (the really small framed one) literally rode it to the pub once before deciding it was too much of a pain in the arse to pedal it and sold it on for a loss :lol: 

I even bought myself a really nice spec Norco in Australia to get around on, ended up trading that for a single speed I found in the bin at work because it was less of bitch to move it with any kind of pace :P 

Basically, give up, trials is crap :lol:

Lil sister is being bullied at school, makes me mad! She's too soft and afraid of getting in trouble to do anything. She is a black belt ffs, should leave them hospitalised they ain't gonna do it again. 

Gonna pick her up from school tomorrow. Bit of back seat intimidation knowing she has an older brother. 

As a teacher I'll give some words of precaution, even being seen as trying to intimidate the bullies can cause issues in school further down the line if it continues. The parents/family members that get involved and scare kids end up causing more problems and making it worse for the victim. She simply needs to go and report it to her head of year, then it can be dealt with properly.

Lil sister is being bullied at school, makes me mad! She's too soft and afraid of getting in trouble to do anything. She is a black belt ffs, should leave them hospitalised they ain't gonna do it again. 

Gonna pick her up from school tomorrow. Bit of back seat intimidation knowing she has an older brother. 

• Like 2

Someone decided to smash their beer bottle over our neighbours car while leaving our house party last night. Resulting in a very angry man arriving at our house demanding a new rear light cluster for his car, and nobody willing to admit that they did it. 

There is a small chance that it wasn't someone from the party, but even I don't believe that. 

Started getting exertion headaches when I'm really straining at stuff like the gym which isn't a good sign. Been to the doctors and was told my blood pressure was borderline and got to go back next week to have it checked again. 

As a result I went really steady at the gym this week, only went twice and dropped the weight right back as told but I just tried some pull ups at work and bang, got another one. :unsure:

Just hope it's nothing serious and can be easily rectified! 

Started getting exertion headaches when I'm really straining at stuff like the gym which isn't a good sign. Been to the doctors and was told my blood pressure was borderline and got to go back next week to have it checked again. 

As a result I went really steady at the gym this week, only went twice and dropped the weight right back as told but I just tried some pull ups at work and bang, got another one. :unsure:

Just hope it's nothing serious and can be easily rectified! 

Hope you get well soon man! Been following your latest posts on instagram, you're looking great dude.