The Angry Thread.

Blake

Bit annoyed with my van insurance company. I've just rang to cancel my policy as I no longer have that van. They say because I claimed I'm not entitled to any refund of the 9 months remaining on my policy. If I'd have paid monthly I'd be a lot better off. I'm frustrated that just because I paid in full this means they can just take my money like that!  

On 3 March 2016 at 8:15 PM, AdamAllen said:

Bought a bike, Cant ride. 

Would seem 8 years out, living like a popstar has took its toll, who'd of thought haha.

You'll get it back. 

Im desperately pining for another bike but trying to build a car at the same time on my wage makes it hard work :(

• Like 1

Got home pissed, nothing in the house to cook other than an Aunt Bessie's Deep Fill Chicken Pie.

No bother, that sounds good. 35 minutes later, out it comes, cut into it and it looks like camel vomit inside.

Second bite and I clamp down on a f**king bone.

Looked like shit, tasted like shit, hurt my teeth. c**ts.

The footnut on my marzocchi 44rc3ti forks rounded off so windwave couldn't service them, no issue, they sent them back with some oil and fresh seals so I could get the footnut off and service them myself - can't argue with the service.  They are now pretty rare forks and the damper cartridge is nigh on irreplaceable.

Set about the footnut with needle files and cut a good section of it away, just leaving the skirt of the nut, took them to a local spark erosion place who said that they could spark the rest of the nut off no issuses.  I explained that the bottom of the internal cartridge is the male thread sticking through the bottom of the forks and it must be left intact.  This was 11 days ago, phoned them last week and they said that they hadn't had a chance to look at them so I left it for a while.

Phoned them this morning and they said I should go and see what they've done.  Popped over there at lunchtime and they've got half the nut off, also half the f**king bottom of the cartridge.  The cartridge is 100% f**ked, not a chance of it ever holding oil, they machined the hex compression adjuster off the bottom and then sectioned the whole thing. Useless f**kwits have ruined my forks.....

Windwave don't have any rc3ti carts for the 44 and can't get any from marzocchi.  They might be able to modify a 4x/dj rc3 cart to suit by altering the damper shaft and swapping the top cap but I'm not holding out any hopes.

Furious is not the word.

It's beyond arse, they're perfect forks for the 5.5 :(

Compensation my arse, I got a mumbled sorry but I'll certainly not be going back there (they've done good work for me in the past as well which is why I went there!), nor will I be recommending them to anyone else.

I don't think I can realistically stretch to some new pikes (nice as they are) and I'm limited to 26", 1 1/8" straight steerer and 140mm max which cuts down a lot of the modern second hand forks.  Some RS revs fits the bill quite nicely but I would really liked to have stayed in the marzocchi stable!

Most places would normally say "We can give it a go, but there's a risk of X" kinda thing, so I wondered if you could say to them that you weren't warned that it might happen...

I guess small claims court would be more hassle than it's worth too.

I'd be very pissed off too man.

Small claims would cost more than I paid for the forks (ok I got a bargain at 80 quid but that's not the point) and the hassle isn't worth it.  Looking into marz 55s that can be had pretty cheap but they're over a pound heavier than the 44s, the extra beef really not needed for the riding I do.  I'm not using fox and the revs are the closest analogous forks to the 44s, a bit lighter as well but then much longer service intervals.  I want open bath forks dammit :D

Ps4 didn't arrive today when I bought it on Monday, seller has gone quiet after 2 messages as I wanted a tracking number so I knew when to stay at home.

Starting to think I might have been conned. I'm protected by paypal so i'm not arsed about the money side it's more of the fact that 3 out of 4 of the games have arrived that I have ordered and I want to play the f**k out of them.