The Angry Thread.

Blake

You should have tried something like: "For future reference, just put it in the oven on the lowest setting, it'll keep it warm and won't ruin it"

Anyway, our row was even more trivial. It started with an action, which needed a simple "Sorry", but ended up in both of us getting defensive and me saying "Just go away, you're pissing me off now", which women don't seem to like very much.

11 hours ago, isitafox said:

In Blackpool to see the wife do a half marathon and the weather is unbelievable, even by Blackpool's standards. 

Also, I've never been anywhere with so much dog shit on the floor before! (assuming it is dog....) 

I'm about 20miles, possibly less, as the crow flies from blackpool, rain has been horrific all day. Sod even being out in that!

The second point, well, it's blackpool, so if you missed the vom, piss and hungover hen do's then you did alright. NOT my fave place in the least.

Edited by CC12345678910

1 hour ago, isitafox said:

In Blackpool to see the wife do a half marathon and the weather is unbelievable, even by Blackpool's standards. 

Also, I've never been anywhere with so much dog shit on the floor before! (assuming it is dog....) 

Well it's not called Blackpoool for nothing lol!

How well did your wife do in the marathon?

Did it in 2hrs 14min as she was running with a guy who runs our local gym and pretty much had to kick him up the arse the last 2 miles as he kept walking. Reckon she could have easily done 1hr 45min if she was running alone as her pace was down by nearly 2 minutes a mile. 

• Like 1

They were an interesting discovery in our latest Hope order.  Order the FR stem, get the AM, find out the FR is discontinued:  great.  Impressed they've made that stem that much heavier too.  From memory it's 60g or so heavier for the same length stem...

pretty annoyed with my phone. I've a Galaxy S6 as recommended by magazines and phone shops. I'm sure they're all working for Samsung though, I've hated it since I got it last year. It's massive, expensive. The buttons always press in my pockets, the notifications don't work as well as as iphone, the rear glass always cracks, the volume and on/off buttons are opposite each other so I always switch it off when I want louder music and I've now found out they're not splash proof as I handled it with damp hands after being in the tub and now the screen is knackered. No one will touch it and say it's a write off...stupid phone.

What phone did you upgrade from prior to owning your S6, and what phone are you looking to upgrade to, now that your S6 is pants?

My first smartphone was an Orange San Francisco ZTE blade which served me pretty well for 5-6yrs before upgrading to Motorola G 3G.

9 hours ago, Ali C said:

pretty annoyed with my phone. I've a Galaxy S6 as recommended by magazines and phone shops. I'm sure they're all working for Samsung though, I've hated it since I got it last year. It's massive, expensive. The buttons always press in my pockets, the notifications don't work as well as as iphone, the rear glass always cracks, the volume and on/off buttons are opposite each other so I always switch it off when I want louder music and I've now found out they're not splash proof as I handled it with damp hands after being in the tub and now the screen is knackered. No one will touch it and say it's a write off...stupid phone.

May have a OnePlus Two for sale if your interested once my new phone arrives? 

If not I recommend THL phones not the fastest but the THL 5000 battery lasts forever and is inexpensive for under £100.

I tried a last ditch attempt at fixing it, the touch screen still worked but the actual display didn't. I bought some replacement glass for cheap and attempted to replace it....bad move! I'm pretty sure not a single bit went right even with the correct tools and watching a tutorial. Taking off the back panel was tricky as there was lots of glue, the heatgun didn't soften it enough and it ripped a fairly important looking bit out. I managed to remove the screen but the touch screen was fairly well attached and it broke removing it, I then cracked the new glass anyway. 

Foolishly I forgot to take any pictures off the phone before I started, I don't think that's possible now as it's now in my bin in many pieces. Sweet £500 phone that I hated from the start and lasted 5 months. Go Samsung!! I guess I'll enjoy paying £36 a month for my old Iphone 5s.....god I hate contracts!

I just hate contracts, paying for things monthly is the worst. I don't mind losing the phone I just HATE knowing I'm still paying for it. 

I hear everyone going on about how good Android is. I found I could change stuff but never to how I wanted them. I found Iphones a little frustrating for some things but for the most part everything they do makes sense and is how I'd mostly want them to be but couldn't get with Android.

My HTC one mini was awesome, two years of being dropped, getting damp out on the bike and the like and it's still going strong. Biggest complaint is that the micro USB socket filled with fluff which stopped the charger fitting properly.

Upgraded to Xperia z3 compact in November, smashed the screen from a small fall off the sofa, got that repaired and then the camera died which was replaced under warranty. It is a superb phone though and arguably better than the one mini.

For reference, carphone warehouse only charged 80 quid for the replacement screen, retains original warranty as well. Only 30 quid or so more than the new screen but well worth it for lack of hassle!

Edited by forteh

that's how I am with most things, I don't have a steady income and I hate not knowing if I'll have enough for  monthly payments I'd rather save up and buy something and know where I stand. I do that with cars, insurance and I used to with phones, this is the second contract I've had, probably my last too.