The Angry Thread.

Blake

I'd be interested to know if this was a symptom of hit many hits to the head. Anyway, if shit gets that bad and someone does end their life because of a chemical imbalance you've got to look at it as positively as possible, in that they're no longer in pain. Maybe it's more selfish that we think they should just stick around and have to continue to deal with it.

I've seen people implying that CTE was an underlying cause.  Seems to be a factor in a bunch of NFL players developing depression.  Some of those players choosing to kill themselves by shooting themselves in the chest rather than the head so their brains can be studied for medical research afterwards is pretty full-on.  Being that aware of what's going on but at the same time not being able to see past it at all must be a really shitty position to be in.

• Like 2

Just re-read that Albion interview Mark posted on his FB (http://issuu.com/thealbionbmx/docs/the_albion_issue_13 - pages 52-68), and he has been through some pretty serious hits over his years (not including the falls on vert etc) so you could say CTE has a part to play.

Its a very difficult situation to be in / to argue over as no-one really knows his state of mind at the time. Either way, Its really sad to hear he felt he needed to resort to it, and feel for all those family members who have lost someone close to them.

Edit: didn't see mark had posted the link already...

Edited by ben_travis

Matt

25 minutes ago, JT! said:

I'd be interested to know if this was a symptom of hit many hits to the head. Anyway, if shit gets that bad and someone does end their life because of a chemical imbalance you've got to look at it as positively as possible, in that they're no longer in pain. Maybe it's more selfish that we think they should just stick around and have to continue to deal with it.

Matt Hoffman, has arguably taken more life-long harsh slams than anybody in the history of the sport when it comes down to injury from pushing the limits. 

5 hours ago, Dman said:

I personally have no sympathy for suicide, but I obviously have never been in that state of mind, a friend of mine, hung himself I just think its selfish and a horrible thing for people to have to find and deal with afterwards. RIP

Some of the people that end up committing suicide do so because they spent their whole lives putting other people first, and nobody was listening to their silent screams. The idea that someone should prolong their abject misery to keep other people happy... well I find that idea nauseating at best. If someone's prepared to end their own life then they're doing one of the most scary, last resort, terrifying things possible, and imagine the road that led them to that place. Chances are they never felt so alone. So to write it off as simply 'selfish'...

• Like 8

On 2/5/2016 at 8:29 AM, Rusevelt said:

Matt

Matt Hoffman, has arguably taken more life-long harsh slams than anybody in the history of the sport when it comes down to injury from pushing the limits. 

Could well be true, perhaps Hoffman just got lucky.

Was looking at a nice end to the week, booked spare at work today so was gonna have a nice easy short day training and on a course tomorrow in Manchester which should have meant I'd be done before 12. 

Someone must have spotted I was spare as they have rung in sick today so I'm stuck doing 12hrs and I've been booked on the afternoon course tomorrow and nobody I've spoke to even realised they did an afternoon session.

Bollocks!

Feel rough as f**k. Was supposed to be going to Manchester for a refresher course (2½hrs of sitting around watching videos) but had to jump off the train as I was sure I was about to be sick. No one to give me a lift home so had to walk back nearly 3 miles in drizzle and snow and still feel on the verge of chucking up :sick:

On 10/02/2016 at 0:47 PM, bike_dummie said:

Slipknot on my lonesome, unreliable mates D: 

Gigs on your own are pretty good in fairness.  At a gig like that it gives you carte blanche to go apeshit without anyone you know around to mention it in future too :P

I think every gig I've been to in the past 3 years or so has been on my own, and I think I've enjoyed them more. 

More of a 'stand around the bar and enjoy the whole spectacle' kind of gig goer nowadays though. 

• Like 1

To be fair it was an amazing night out! Will probably see more bands on my own too was nowhere near as lonely as I thought it would. 

May have drunk a little too much, found someone's parcel opened on my bedroom floor. The address on the front is nowhere near my house either. Like ages away from my house! 

They happen. Best thing you can do is exactly what you've done and just call it quits – better to do nothing than do something badly in some cases.

I just recently got myself a newer laptop so I'm more comfortable with sacking off the office when I want to – then if I get my motivation back in the evening or during the night or something I can just crack on. Obviously slightly different in your line of work!

42 minutes ago, MadManMike said:

Minor argument with Sheryl last night, we're still not talking.

Ha, I text Jenny Tuesday night at 8.30pm to say I was leaving work, took me 10 minutes longer than normal to get home. Other than 'where have you been? Tea is ruined' and 'I had to stop for fuel' we've barely spoken lolz.

• Like 1